This week has been extra busy. Or maybe it just felt that way because of Daylight Savings. But to celebrate the first day of more hours of sunlight, we took a family bike ride. Well, almost all of us. I pushed
Jacque in her stroller and walked next to the bikers.

I also spent the week baking more than I usually do in preparation for our Green Day Picnic. I made these white chocolate covered shamrock pretzels. They were so fun!

I also finally attempted to make cinnamon rolls for the first time and they ended up being very yummy! I topped them with green frosting to stick with our green theme.
Jaden had a busy week at preschool this week. They are talking about people in the community and they had a police officer visit and bring one of the K-9 dogs. Then they had a fireman come with a fire truck and each kid got to hold the hose while water sprayed out of it! He said that he wanted to do that again sometime!

This week for scouts, my awesome partner Sarah, talked to the boys about growing up in Indonesia. She taught them some words, a song, and a couple of games.
Rohan liked the game of
Congklak so much, that I may ask her to get one for him when she is there this summer. She also made some amazing treats and dishes from Indonesia. It was a great activity!

This was later in the week when I needed a break from making dinner so Budge brought home some Panda Express. He always uses chopsticks when he eats food from there so all of the boys decided that they wanted to eat with chopsticks, too.

This week,
Jacque has been practicing standing by herself without holding on to anything. She is up to about 10 seconds now. She has really good balance!
Rohan and
Jaden decided that they wanted to wear hats all weekend but
Jaden insisted on wearing his backwards. So when I said I wanted to take a picture of them, he made
Rohan turn his around backwards, too! I love those boys!
1 comment:
Those pretzels are awesome! I'll have to remember them for next year's festivities.
Post a Comment